Friday, July 08, 2011

The Moment That Marked a Summer

"And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy." Colossians 1:18

How cool was last Sunday? (Pun intended!) The high-digit temperature paled in comparison to the highly potent community we experienced. As I reflected a bit on the day, I couldn't help but cherish the experience.

I loved it all, from the Reveille video of renewal to singing worship during the worship gathering. I loved the Block Party! From sounds of the organ during the patriotic sing to the crashing reverberation of the thrasher band in the Battle of the Bands. (They gave me a headache, but I loved that they were there!) I loved the picnic, the carnival games, and the laughter wafting from the playgrounds as I walked across the bridge. I loved meeting so many new people and taking the time to enjoy a meal with a new couple to this community. I met Center members who never before crossed the bridge on a Sunday and I marveled at long-term PCCers serving joyfully.

THANK YOU for all those who labored and invested. Thank you to Dain Jepson and his team for giving exceptional leadership to this event. (Whoever chose the set list for the picnic music rocks!) God was pleased, and it was a win for the Kingdom. I believe it will be a Sunday we look back on as a "moment" that marked the summer.

I really love creating moments together where God shows up.

Speaking of moments, can you invest three minutes and click these links to renew your mind with what we are all about? Often times I get asked what type of church PCC is. I have found in these simple and basic videos to be a tremendous description of why we do what we do. They are basic, but so vital to our identity. Click here to see video one and video two.

We do it all again this Sunday! Okay, maybe not the Block Party, but we will look at Colossians 1:15-23 where the word all is used six times! Ever wonder just how colossal Jesus is, and how that relates to your life? Come this Sunday, and let's explore the core of Renewal. As you come, Bible in hand, be looking out for guests and please go out of your way to make them feel welcome.

I love being your pastor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home