Thursday, February 02, 2012

Kingdom Investing

"Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish, but how far will they go among so many?"     John 6:9

Greetings from Chicago where I am attending the Covenant Midwinter Conference.  This annual conference is such a wonderful time to be re-tooled and refreshed.  I am attending with a small team of PCC pastors and it has been rich!

I am also in some meetings regarding children in the Congo and fully expect to come home on Sunday with some exciting news!  Did I say exciting?  I meant exponential news for how our heart and ministry for orphans in the Congo is literally about to be multiplied with God-size proportions!

Please pray as I have meetings today, tonight and tomorrow with denominational leaders, Congolese Covenant church leaders and the leadership of World Vision.  I have already met with Mossai Sanguma and he has told me that the orphanage we are funding through our God's Heart for the World offering has its foundation laid and walls are being put up.  When finished, they will be able to house, educate and care for 80 orphans!

What I am involved in here, what God is bringing about, has encouraged me with the spiritual principle of Kingdom Investing.  God has an uncanny way of multiplying whatever we invest in His Kingdom.  That is true with our time, our talents, and our treasures.

With all the news we have lived under for so long regarding a down economy, with the grim reality of how 401K's and other investment accounts have shrunk, be encouraged that what we have all sacrificially invested through PCC is not only growing incrementally, it is growing exponentially!

I look forward to being together this Sunday, not only to share the news above in a more concrete way, but also because we will be studying Luke 4:1-13.  To be human is to be tempted, right?  We will look at how to deal with temptation, learning from Jesus Himself.  May you follow in the dust of the rabbi this week.

I love being your pastor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home