Thursday, July 05, 2012

Created for Freedom

Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”  John 8:32

The Community Center Block Party was a tremendous success!  Anthony Mejia reported that he had never seen so many people at the Community Center in his life. Thank you to everyone who invited and participated in that outreach. I marvel at the magnetic draw of healthy community. 

I marvel more at freedom.  While I have unspeakable gratitude for the freedoms we experience in our country, and for the men and women who serve our country to give us that freedom, I am absolutely blown away at the freedom we have in Christ.  This morning, I made a short list. 

Because of Jesus, I am free…
from a prison of fear, worry and hopelessness.  (Psalm 146:7)
from believing and living in lies about myself, others, culture.  (John 8:32)
from the penalty, grip and power of sin; it can’t control me anymore.  (Romans 6:18)
in the power of the Holy Spirit to worship and glorify God with my life.  (2 Corinthians 3:17)
to be generous with my life, love, “stuff” and money.  (Matthew 10:8)
from our greatest enemy, death!  (1 Corinthians 15:55)
from the lies, threats and power of Satan and his demonic minions.  (Colossians 2:15)

We celebrate our national freedom once a year as a country; we should be celebrating our spiritual freedoms every day as followers of Christ!  This Sunday we will be celebrating the freedom of our salvation big time. 

What can you expect on Sunday? Awesome community, celebrating the Lord’s Supper, and digging in the Word.  We’ll be looking at how Jesus brought freedom to a demon-possessed man.  Read up in Luke 8:26-39 and come ready to celebrate.  We were created for freedom!

I love being your pastor!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home