Thursday, August 15, 2013

PCC's Legacy of Prayer

Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.  Luke 18:1

It happens every summer!  I leave for a summer break and inevitably, in my limited travels, hear stories of how God has used PCC throughout the decades.  This summer, during a Family Camp, as I walked into the dining commons at Mount Hermon for lunch, a woman stopped me and told me of being a part of PCC in the 60’s as a child and how formidable that experience was to her life.

On another day during a breakfast at Mount Hermon (Can you tell I love the food at Mount Hermon?), someone else approached my table and told me of the impact the ministry of PCC had on his life in the 70’s.

The next week at a Family Camp on Catalina Island (a rich family tradition for the Gaddini clan), I was approached by 2 different couples telling me of the influence of PCC on their family in the 80’s and 90’s respectively.

We have a rich heritage, PCC!  God has been faithful through the decades and I can attest to two things:
  1. We have a rich inheritance as a Body- we are standing on the shoulders of men and woman who have been incredibly faithful!
  2. God’s faithfulness has no expiration date!  I truly believe our richest, most fruitful season in the history of PCC is before us.
In light of that, in light of the desperate need we all have for God’s grace, power and healing touch, I implore every PCC’er to come tonight at 7:00pm  in the Worship Center for a night of prayer, intercession and worship.  We need God and an outpouring of His favor more than we could ever imagine.  Come not to consume, but to engage in the work of prayer.  What does effective prayer look like?
  • Effective prayers are humble prayers. “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble … Humble yourselves before the Lord and He will life you up.” James 4:6b, 10
  • Effective prayers are specific prayers. “…You do not have, because you do not ask God.”  James 4:2
  • Effective prayers are persistent prayers. “The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much."   James 5:16b
  • Effective prayers are expectant prayers. “Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.”  Mark 11:24
Also, please don’t forget that this Sunday we will wrap up our series on Luke with one intentionally intergenerational gathering at 10am, followed by a lunch on the lawn.  Please carpool to the campus if you can and park as far away from the campus as you are able. 
 
I am grateful to serve Jesus through the ministry of PCC. My heart leaps with joy every time I can gather with this incredible body.

I love being your pastor!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home